In this simple tutorial we explain step by step the easiest way to produce your own marijuana milk, as well as its main effects and properties.
First of all, it should be mentioned that marijuana is a fat-soluble drug, which means that to obtain its cannabionids it is completely necessary to mix it with some fat using heat. The higher the amount of fat, the more easily cannabinoids stick to it, which is why whole milk is the best option. This does not mean that skimmed or semi-skimmed milk cannot be used, but the effects will be minor.
What is marijuana milk?
Marijuana milk is basically milk to which the marijuana cannabinoids have adhered through a very simple cooking process . The resulting milk is slightly thicker than usual and has a strong marijuana aroma .
This milk can be used in a wide variety of recipes with which to enjoy the best cannabis cuisine easily and simply.
What do you need to do it?
- Milk, preferably whole, marijuana is fat-soluble, the fat in the cream will benefit the coupling of the two ingredients.
- Marijuana buds or marijuana leaves with trichomes. You can use scraps and small buds, but like everything in life, the worse the ingredients, the worse the result will be.
- A saucepan
The proportions always depend on the specific needs and tastes of the consumer. An approximate measure would be 3 grams of marijuana shredded for each cup of milk , although the dose can be increased or decreased without any problem. Obviously, the higher the proportion of buds in the dairy, the more concentration of thc and other cannabinoids that the final preparation will have.
Steps to follow
Making marijuana milk is one of the simplest and fastest recipes that exist for Cannabis. Most of us love milk, and it can be used in just about any more elaborate recipe. In less than 1 hour and without many complications, you will have the milk prepared and ready to be consumed by following these steps:
- Decarboxylate marijuana . Spread the marijuana on a baking sheet and put it in the oven at 100-120 degrees for 30-40 minutes, turning it several times throughout the baking. Next, remove the marijuana from the oven, let it cool, and then crumble it. You can heat the marijuana a little in water to release the cannabinoids if you don’t have an oven.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and add the marijuana. At first it will float, but as it warms it will mix better. Leave the saucepan over low heat and stir the solution occasionally to avoid burning. Cook the mixture for 30-45 minutes , stirring every few minutes. If you notice that the amount of milk is reducing too much, add more milk. The mixture will thicken slightly as it cooks; It will also begin to acquire a more yellowish and greenish hue. After 30-45 minutes , remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Finally, strain the solution to completely remove the plant debris from the marijuana. Then put the solution in a glass bottle and put it in the fridge. At this point the milk will be ready to consume . A good option is to heat it and mix it with some honey when we are ready to consume it.
How to take it?
The latter is completely personal and subjective , each one prefers it in a way. We have advised heating and mixing the mixture with some honey, but it can be taken alone, or used in any traditional recipe in which milk is used. In addition, we can take it as if it were normal milk, with coffee or with breakfast cookies .
In any case, it is better to drink marijuana milk at night, during low activity hours or before going to sleep. Do not let the blind that causes this milk affect your ‘normal’ hours of greater physical and mental activity! Enjoy the best marijuana milk with this simple recipe that SLC puts at your disposal. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave your comment and we will reply as soon as possible.
Effects of consuming cannabis milk
If you have tried smoked marijuana you will know that its effects are completely instantaneous, as you inhale the first puff, the impact of thc and cbd is noticeable in seconds. However, when you eat marijuana, the stomach must digest it before passing the cannabinoids into the bloodstream, causing a delay in the effects.
In conclusion, consuming cannabis milk will have the same effects as the herb used for the recipe. Even so, these effects will arrive later and with greater virulence since everything ingested up to that moment can rise at the same time and not progressively as when smoking or vaping.
Warnings and cautions
Remember that ingested marijuana takes much longer to take effect , so you have to be careful when ingesting milk. That time it takes too long to show the effects can induce the consumer to continue drinking the milk. Which will cause a large accumulation of marijuana being digested at the same time that it will then trigger brutal effects and capable of even causing nausea. Take a dose and wait for the effects of marijuana for at least an hour . Once we get an idea of the effects, we can ingest more.